Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Affirmation !!!

I didn't even realize I existed until now. I wanted to cheer with joy, basking in happiness, finally realizing my presence. I opened my eyes to look around. It was a peaceful and warm day. Chirping of birds, trees whooshing around me, fresh breeze and somewhere in the neighborhood, a very romantic couple was gracefully and rhythmically moving to the music of Kenny G. Isn't this the perfect start to a brand new day.

A day that holds so many surprises for each one us. A day when I finally feel important. A day when I feel loved. A day I never thought I would see the light of. A day which I wanted to live. A day where I wanted to be happy. A day when I feel blessed. A day where I would be a part of someone's happiness. A day which holds in itself magic.

There's nothing more intriguing than life. Life sometimes is magical, viewed by some as mere illusion, a dream which we weave around people we love. I would do the same. I want to be loved. I want to love. I want to feel the actuality of being loved. The emotions once deprived, today flowed with love and an eagerness.

It was the flow of my thoughts or the sweet lullaby, I didn't remember sleeping. I was happy in this world, a happy world, a world where I was valued, a world which would embrace me with open arms, a world which had given me a sense of belonging. This was one of those 'Kodak Moments'. It was the beginning of my happy days. I would forget what happened in the past. Let go of all those memories that have hurt me. Let go of what others had said about you. This is my world, my place, my space, my creation, the reason for my existence, the real world for my real life.

All those memories of crying, being hit, those lonely and sleepless nights spent in despair, the outcries and screams will have to be buried. I would not let the thoughts of those nights ruin my love for the world. I would have to stop reminiscing about all that happened in the past. I will spread the message of love and peace. I would be the change that I had wished to see. I would be the personification of happiness. I would be a personification of you. I would be a personification of love. I would be a personification of my world.

Thoughts began to fade away. Was it time for me to wake up? Or was it time for me to finally spread the message of love? Have I proved others wrong? Have I been finally able to bring them to see my love for them? Have I been able to make them love me? Have I been able to outshine the others? Have I been able to win over them with my smile and my innocence? Have they finally realized my importance? Have they finally decided to keep me?

I prayed as I began recollecting the memories from the past. I was numb. I did not feel anything. I wanted to cry but I couldn't. I wanted to smile but something held me back. I froze in time. I am the messenger of love. I thought I was the messenger of love. I thought I was born out of love. I thought I was special. I thought I was yours. I was afraid if I would sleep now, I wouldn't wake up.

They were right and I was wrong. They were right to question your love. They were right to question my love. They were right to question the world. They were right to question my overwhelming happiness. They were afraid for me because they loved me. But I loved you mom and you let me go just like you let go of others.


No comments:

Post a Comment

With brave wings she flies...

Here's a small story to begin with... There was once a lil' girl born to very loving parents. She was brought up to be strong, to...