Thursday, September 15, 2011

That Doesn't Impress Me Much !!!

Let's start this one by looking around us. Across the desk, cubicle, room, department, city, state, country and even the farthest end. Look around! We all will find people, known or unknown to us, liked or disliked by us, loved or hated (too strong) by us, adored or pampered by us, some who we love to care about and a few with whom we want to share a part of us, plenty to hang out with, few we love to love and few we love to cry with, and fewer who are a part of us!!!

How did we meet these people? Destiny? Fate? Luck? Karma? Kismat? Circumstances? Or mere good fortune? Whatever it was, it sure leaves us with a lot of memories, a few good ones and a fewer bad ones, some we love to cherish, some we try to forget, plenty of them make us cry and a handful of them love to make us cry and happy at the same time. But do we ever realise what is common amongst all the people who we meet in our entire lifetime? A few of us do and a few of us just cherish having those people in our lives.

Just like you all, I too have met a lot of people in my delightful and difficult journey of life. The commonality amongst all of them: they never ceased to leave the First Impressions. All of them came with them, not leaving even a single one out, giving my twisted mind no time for repose. Some were charming, some were total jerks, a few of them were just too right and the other few just too wrong, rare ones who I love to love, plenty of them who never leave my side, a negligible amount of them bring out the murderous side in me and a sgnificant number of them form a part of my being.

Amongst those people who I cherish having in my life, there is a friend of mine who I hated on the first sight. He looked like a bandit from 'Aaj ka gundaraaj' movie, wearing a black thread around his neck, a thick bracelet on his left wrist and dressed in clothes which would even give 'The Gangster' a run for his money. I just hated him. That's the thing about first impressions. We either hate them or love them, there is no midway. And now?? He has not only been there for me but I can blindly trust him. He is the sweetest friend who I will always love to have in my life.

With each person who is a part of our life, we all love to play our roles too well with them and the best part is that at most times we get away with them. Most people who I love to call my friends or who I can rely on or who have the guts to say anything on my face, which I like tolerating are the ones who left a very bad first impression. A guy who I met randomly tops the list. I hated him when he first spoke to me. I mean he did not even know me properly to make that kind of statements. And now I wish I could just go hug him and tell him how much of an unspoken and unasked change he has brought in my life.

Never be afraid to let yourself down because if you do not let yourself down, someone else will. That hurts more. Never loath yourself for leaving a bad first impression (unless ofcourse its an interview) because first impressions usually do not last. Do not play your role too well, let your guard down and for once stop being finicky about saying the right things because it's only when you say the wrong things, you take the first step towards being youself.

Someone once said, "You can create a good impression on yourself by being right, but for creating a good impression on others there's nothing to beat being totally and catastrophically wrong."

(P.S: Sabu, you are one hell of a guy and Mr X, you are the turning and high point in my life !! Thank you both for being there.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

With brave wings she flies...

Here's a small story to begin with... There was once a lil' girl born to very loving parents. She was brought up to be strong, to...