Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Dreams Unlimited!!!

A moonlit night, stars shining above your head, beach with white sand all around, glistening water, a wide spread three-course Italian meal served with Cabernet Sauvignon, 'When you say nothing at all' playing in the background and I sit there holding his hand.
Perfect...
This is my dream, maybe a lil' similar to yours or a lot different from what you dream of. But it's mine. And it always will be.

No, I am not fighting on what is mine and what is yours. We all live in this dream world, dreams which are ours and despite all the ups and downs we face in life, a part of us still holds on to those with an innate desire to make them come true...someday.

I remember growing up as a very precious memory of my childhood. I was always the pampered one of all my siblings. Eldest in the family and a girl, I got everything I asked for. Mumma, Papa, Chachu 1, Chachu 2 (yeah, I grew up in a joint family), they all spoilt me to the point where I myself asked them to send me to a boarding school. It became my dream (then) to study in a boarding school. And it came true.

With the passage of years, my dreams kept changing. I had a different dream at every stage of my life. One day I wanted to be a fashion designer, the next day I wanted to be a singer, the third day I wanted to have a super cool (hot) boyfriend, the next I wanted to get married at 20 (thank God, this one did not come true then)....and it went on and on....it still goes on. The one thing common at all stages: I never gave up, never stopped dreaming. Because that is what I had always learnt. That is how I had made most of them come true....Never stop dreaming because one fine day they will and they do come true.

My dad always used to tell me that there is nothing that should hold you back from dreaming, because if you don't dream, it never will be.

Ok, this is not a motivation lecture on 'How to make your dreams come true'. Because, that even I do not know(I wish I did, though).

There is an unseen life that awaits us at the corner. I haven't seen it, nor have you. I, today, dream of telling my dad, once, that how much I love him, telling my brother that I miss being irritated by him, telling him that yes, I would buy you a D&G perfume and a Zara shirt on your birthday and that I miss those late night sneak-outs to have ice-cream and kathi rolls.
I wish I could, but I can't. Even my dad's theory fails here.

You guys go all out today and give your parents a tight hug, take them out for a dinner night out, your husband/wife/gf/bf out for a long drive. Don't be pestered that they call you every 2 hours. And for all those who do not stay with your family, call them and tell them how much they mean to you and that you love them unconditionally.

Embrace it while it lasts because a Sheldon book says "Nothing Lasts Forever."

(P.S: Dear V, this ones all for U, though it made me sad!!!)








1 comment:

  1. i can understand kanu what u must be feeling when you wrote this... but what it costs to go through all this only you can feel... anybody who has a heart and who can feel relations, emotions will go emotional.. eyes goes wet... but my dear this is the hard core reality of the life which all of us and specially you are facing... life shouldn't have shown this to you, your family and all of us this episode at this point of time... but...
    you are the eldest among all kids,,, this becomes your moral responsibility not only to be with yourself but also with your family as a firm support.... this world is very cruel.. don't show of your weaknesses to people.. put forward your strengths....
    i know this is very simple to write but to face this is not easy... and specially in this case, how it feels i can understand... i will just say we all are there for you don't ever feel alone... you can come to your jijz for any matter any time.... and more over i know you are a brave gal..

    ReplyDelete

With brave wings she flies...

Here's a small story to begin with... There was once a lil' girl born to very loving parents. She was brought up to be strong, to...